Author Topic: Adding Wage and Salary Payments to QuickBooks  (Read 1883 times)

david1000

Adding Wage and Salary Payments to QuickBooks
« on: June 01, 2012, 05:47:59 AM »
I am trying to add salary payments to QuickBooks from Filemaker 12 Advanced. I have looked at the OSR material to find the appropriate area without much luck.  I have looked at the CheckAdd (which says it cannot be used for paychecks), PayrollItems (appears to be payment types only) and BillPayment (seems to imply it can be used for employees). Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
Re: Adding Wage and Salary Payments to QuickBooks
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 11:17:22 AM »
If by "salary payments" you mean payroll checks, it can't be done on the US version. Not sure about others. You can use CheckAdd and specify an Employee, but that's not the same thing as a payroll check.

HTH!

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852

david1000

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 03:50:36 PM »
Thanks Geoffrey, I did mean payroll checks. I guess if it can't be done in the US version its likely to be the same in the Aust version which is not good.  Do you think it would be possible to use time data that could in turn be used to create paychecks. I note it seems to mention something like this under TimeTrackingAdd?

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 05:46:44 PM »
Yes. You'll need to know the ListID or FullName value for the employee(s), it will require manual payroll check creation, but that process should be simplified by the presence of the time card entries you've passed into QB.

Good luck!

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852

david1000

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 08:15:39 PM »
Yes, managed to get this working fine (ie times and setting the use time settings) - in fact easier than I expected. Structuring the nested requests and results is a little harder but doesnt seem impossible.  There is no doubt the Status function provides another level of assistance.