Author Topic: Error 3176 when applying Credit Memo using InvoiceMod  (Read 1943 times)

MartinL

Error 3176 when applying Credit Memo using InvoiceMod
« on: May 16, 2012, 05:29:35 AM »
I am using FMBooks with QuickBooks Premier V12 and am getting an Error 3176 when trying to apply the Credit Memo to an Invoice.

I get no errors when posting the Invoice or the Credit Memo into QuickBooks but when I later use the 'InvoiceMod' command to apply the Credit Memo using the SetCredit:CreditTxnID and SetCredit:AppliedAmount I get the 3176 error.

When establishing the connection I am using the mode option 'Multi' as the client needs to make sure all users will have access at all times.

I have tried rebuilding the QBW file but that did not work.

I have also tried setting the QuickBooks user mode to Single and Multi but still no good.

Closing both QuickBooks and the application I am using did not work , I have even resetarted the whole machine.

Both the QBW file and the application I am using are on the same machine.

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
Re: Error 3176 when applying Credit Memo using InvoiceMod
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 06:37:58 AM »
What windows are open in QB? Error 3176 indicates an internal record lock and can result when a QB User is editing a related record.

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 07:32:12 AM »
Just realized that my reply addresses only the Error code. I've never used the SetCredit function, so I'm not sure how that might be contributing to the problem. Have you tried going the other direction? Since you have TxnID values for both transactions, you could use ReceivePaymentAdd and see whether SetCredit works from that direction.

Good luck!

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852

MartinL

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 07:34:43 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

I closed all widows except the Customer Center, I also tried closing all related windows and just opening the Vendors Center. But still got the same error.

Regards

Martin

MartinL

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 08:47:06 AM »
Hi Geoffrey

Fantastic

Many thanks for the the advice.
That did the trick.
I used ReceivePaymentAdd with minimal information and I can now post the credit memo payment without issue.

Regards

Martin