Author Topic: Tips on Bolting on to Existing Solution  (Read 852 times)

allexv

Tips on Bolting on to Existing Solution
« on: March 20, 2012, 06:17:41 AM »
Hello, everyone.

I am attempting to bolt on Core 2 Invoices to my own existing solution. I purchased Core 2 Invoices along with FMBooksConnector to sync my solution to our Quickbooks file. Does anyone have any best practices to speed implementation?

I have added my files as External Data Sources to Core 2 Invoices. I am going through the Relationship Graph to see what TOs need to be pointed externally (substituted) to my own Contacts and Items tables in my own solution. And I am copying fields that I don't have but that are referenced in the Relationship graph. I think I then need to scour the Scripts to see what fields are used and change those manually.

Is this the quickest and safe way? Any thoughts would be most welcomed.

Thanks,
Allex

PS - Or do I somehow sync my contacts in my file to the contacts in Core 2 Invoices? Although undesirable to keep two copies of contacts, this way I make sure I don't miss anything and break the scripts that sync with Quickbooks. I would have to do the same with items, I guess.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 07:31:56 AM by allexv »

GeorgeTurner

• I am a frank person.
Re: Tips on Bolting on to Existing Solution
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 11:33:34 PM »
I don't think there is any other shorter way than as you have mentioned. I went through a same way.
Get Shaker Kitchen Cabinets at The RTA Store.