Author Topic: Tips on Bolting on to Existing Solution  (Read 1141 times)

Tips on Bolting on to Existing Solution
« on: March 20, 2012, 06:17:41 AM »
Hello, everyone.

I am attempting to bolt on Core 2 Invoices to my own existing solution. I purchased Core 2 Invoices along with FMBooksConnector to sync my solution to our Quickbooks file. Does anyone have any best practices to speed implementation?

I have added my files as External Data Sources to Core 2 Invoices. I am going through the Relationship Graph to see what TOs need to be pointed externally (substituted) to my own Contacts and Items tables in my own solution. And I am copying fields that I don't have but that are referenced in the Relationship graph. I think I then need to scour the Scripts to see what fields are used and change those manually.

Is this the quickest and safe way? Any thoughts would be most welcomed.

PS - Or do I somehow sync my contacts in my file to the contacts in Core 2 Invoices? Although undesirable to keep two copies of contacts, this way I make sure I don't miss anything and break the scripts that sync with Quickbooks. I would have to do the same with items, I guess.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 07:31:56 AM by allexv »

• I am a frank person.
Re: Tips on Bolting on to Existing Solution
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 11:33:34 PM »
I don't think there is any other shorter way than as you have mentioned. I went through a same way.
Get Shaker Kitchen Cabinets at The RTA Store.