Author Topic: Duplicate Sales Orders  (Read 2760 times)

john.shields

Duplicate Sales Orders
« on: August 17, 2010, 12:02:43 PM »
I am having a problem with the FM Books Connector, and I'm stuck.  If anyone could help me see the issue, I would very much appreciate it.
I have a client that is pushing Sales Orders to QuickBooks.  The plug-in is installed on a few computers in the client's office.  4 out of the 5 computers work without a problem.  But the 5th has intermittent problems where the Sales Order will not post, and instead grabs the Sales Order and related transaction ID's of a completed unrelated, already posted Sales Order.
If we clear out the Sales Order number and the Transaction IDs and try posting it again from a different computer, the Sales Order is posted without any issues.
The people who are posting have all the same access privileges, and the script, itself, is set to run with Full Access, anyway.  Everyone is on Windows XP.  We're double-checking permissions with QuickBooks of the user, but QB Permissions are set when FM Books Connected is first established, so that shouldn't be an issue.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
Re: Duplicate Sales Orders
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 01:24:59 PM »
Is the Sales Order number generated by QB?

Are you running a SalesOrderQuery before or after you attempt to post?

Does your solution allow modification of a Sales Order already posted to QB?

I'm having trouble imagining why you'd need to "clear out the Sales Order Number" before you attempt to post the record again. That said, there are a number of scenarios where letting QuickBooks generate a reference number leads to duplicate reference numbers.

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852
704) 814-6853 (FAX)

Chris

• God
Re: Duplicate Sales Orders
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 09:01:12 AM »
Hi john.shields

I have a client who has had a similiar issue - objects in FileMaker matching to the wrong object in QuickBooks.  After much deliberation and script debugging we could not find the cause...the system seemed to be sound.  Finally we had the user who experienced the problem most show us the exact steps they used to create the transaction.  It turns out that the user was using the CTRL+D quick keys (FileMaker's duplicate record command) to create a new record in FileMaker.  This action caused the Transaction ID stored in the current record to be copied to the new record.  Thus the new record was linked to an unrelated transaction in QuickBooks.

The easiest fix in this scenario is to set the field that stores the transaction id to be an auto enter calc with the calc'ed value set to "" (an empty string).  I modified their system to auto-enter calcs for any field that stores any identifer obtained from QuickBooks.

Let us know if this is the situation you are encountering.

Chris