Author Topic: FMBooks and Quickbooks remote data sharing  (Read 3331 times)

jasono

FMBooks and Quickbooks remote data sharing
« on: June 18, 2010, 08:46:22 AM »
Hello,

Does FMBooks Connector work with QB Remote data sharing? We have a Filemaker solution integrated with QB, and we want to be able to use it across the LAN. I know we could probably use QB in multi user mode, but we don't neccessarily need to be able to use Quickbooks on more than one computer. If we were able to sync with QB thru RDS, it would be very useful.

Jason

SWH

Re: FMBooks and Quickbooks remote data sharing
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 09:34:47 PM »
Did you ever get an answer to this?

Melinda DePalma

• Productive Computing
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 03:23:24 PM »
Yes, the FMBooks Connector should work with QB Remote Data Sharing (RDS).

You may want to check with QuickBooks about using the RDS option as I believe this option is getting phased out as the QuickBooks Web Connector becomes more widely used and developed. Just something to be mindful of...

SWH

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 03:07:12 PM »
Yes, the FMBooks Connector should work with QB Remote Data Sharing (RDS).

You may want to check with QuickBooks about using the RDS option as I believe this option is getting phased out as the QuickBooks Web Connector becomes more widely used and developed. Just something to be mindful of...

Quickbooks 2011 uses remote web access for sharing over the internet.  My need is this: I run QB Pro 2011 on an Intel Mac, using Parallels 6.  I have Filemaker Pro on the Mac side of the equation.  What I'd like to do is use FMBooks Connector to connect to the Mac side Filemaker - is this possible? 

Melinda DePalma

• Productive Computing
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 03:19:14 PM »
This would not work as the FM Books Connector is a Windows only plug-in that requires FileMake Pro and the plug-in be installed on the Windows side. You would need to install FileMaker and the plug-in on the Windows (Parallels) side in order to use the plug-in.

SWH

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 03:22:17 PM »
Thanks!