Author Topic: Using 'Key' field in QB  (Read 1695 times)

msbertrand

Using 'Key' field in QB
« on: November 29, 2011, 08:20:22 AM »
I think it would be necessary to include with the RQ and RS features a list of 'mandatory' fields so it takes a bit less time to figure out what is required from QB to push/pull data.

Every time I start a new feature it is a venture to figure out what I will need.  For example, I am starting 'pushing payments' and I am already confused with what I will really need. 

The OSR is very useful of course, but it does not say for example: to push a payment to QB, you will need 'CustomerRef' or 'CustomerListID'.  If these primary and mandatory field would be listed with the features, this would save tons of time.

Regards

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
Re: Using 'Key' field in QB
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 09:03:38 AM »
This points out another reason I find the "XMLOps" tab of Intuit's OSR more useful than the separate "Request" and "Response" tabs: it identifies the required elements at a glance. In this case, it identifies a "CustomerRef" as required and shows the two methods by which the Customer List record can be identified.

msbertrand

Re: Using 'Key' field in QB
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 11:16:56 AM »
I agree and it is very much helpful, but still difficult to 'see' everything you actually 'need'.  I am not an expert and that is probably why it is more difficult for me, but I get it done anyway because accounting is not something you want to temper with.  I think what I wish to have is 'one' example for each function, but that would be too much asking.. or is there a way to get this?

Just a thought,
Regards