Author Topic: push ReceivePaymentAdd with credit card info  (Read 2050 times)

adamjm7

push ReceivePaymentAdd with credit card info
« on: August 08, 2011, 09:15:17 PM »
I know it's not possible to process a card via the plugin, but is it possible to add the credit card info in a ReceivePaymentAdd request?  I can only get as far as passing the info, but the request fails because it says the CreditCardTxnResultInfo is required. Anyone had any success with this?

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
Re: push ReceivePaymentAdd with credit card info
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 09:47:21 AM »
You wrote "I know it's not possible to process a card via the plugin...". I've never used QB Merchant Services (QBMS), nor have I had a client who used it and needed integration with FMP, but it looks to me like you can process a card via the plug-in by issuing a CustomerCreditCardCharge request. The response generated from that request supplies all the values you need to fill in the CreditCardTxnResultInfo.

If you're not using QBMS, what are you trying to accomplish by setting Credit Card values?

If your goal is simply to identify the Credit Card as a payment source, there are several things you might consider. You could create a DepositToAccount that holds acts as a holding account for CC transactions and reconcile charges against that account and use the DepositToAccountRef to put CC payments in it. You could use the Memo field to store data about the transaction.

HTH!

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852

adamjm7

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 07:07:47 AM »
In the post linked below, it says that QBMS SDK is not included in FM Books.  I assume that we can't even use those functions.  Is that not true?

http://www.productivecomputing.com/forum/index.php/topic,1151.0.html

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 08:22:37 AM »
If Chris says it's true, it's true. Unless there's another way to access the CreditCardTxnResultInfo elements, you won't be able to include credit card info in your ReceivePaymentAdd request. If Chris (or anyone else) knows how to retrieve that data, I hope they'll post it here.

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852