Plug-ins > Outlook Manipulator

Moving between Root folders

(1/1)

Mark B.:
After testing with the Advanced Demo, it appears that it is not possible to move an email record from the "Mailbox" folder to a folder in "Public Folders".  If this is not true, how is it done?

Melinda DePalma:
Yes, it actually should be possible to move an email record from the "Mailbox" folder to a folder in "Public Folders."  You should use these functions in this order.

- OpenRootFolder( "Mailbox" )
- OpenFolder( "Mail folder that contains desired record to be moved" )
- OpenRecord( "Desired record to be moved" )
- MoveRecord( "/Public Folders/All Public Folders/Test Mail" )

However in my testing I was unable to move between mailboxes, so our developer will be looking at the plug-in code to determine why this functionality is not working as desired. I hope to have some answers for you soon and thank you for your patience.

Melinda DePalma:
It appears that the plug-in functionality is there, but was just not properly documented.

When you need to move records to a different mailbox (eg public folders) the leading "/" character for the destination folder is omitted. For example, mailbox/folderpath or Public Folders/All Public Folders/Test.

When you need to move records within the same mailbox the leading "/" character for the destination folder is included. For example, /folderpath or /Inbox/Test.

I will be updating our documentation to reflect this for future use and thank you or bringing this to our attention.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version