Author Topic: QuickBooks Onscreen Reference drop down list error  (Read 1306 times)

robertroll

QuickBooks Onscreen Reference drop down list error
« on: May 13, 2011, 04:11:10 PM »
When I open the Onscreen reference in Firefox Mac or Windows, and also in IE and click on SELECT MESSAGE the list of topics appears on the far left and if I try to scroll down the list the list of items just closes.   Has anyone experienced this?

Geoffrey Gerhard

• Guru
Re: QuickBooks Onscreen Reference drop down list error
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 07:29:27 AM »
Glad you posted--I didn't know until now that Mac OS could once again access the QB OSR. Hated having to switch to a PC anytime I needed a quick peek at the OSR.

The same "useless scrollbar" appears using IE on Windows OS, and the list's location has bounced around over the years/versions of IE and/or OSR revisions. A scroll-wheel on your mouse will let you move up and down the list. Scroll gestures might work on Mac OS.

Good Luck!

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC  28105
704) 814-6852

robertroll

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 08:46:53 PM »
Wow, thanks, of course!   Using a Macbook and using the trackpad with Firefox 3.6.3 works as does Firefox on Windows.

sjledet

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 01:52:04 PM »
If you click the little ripped page icon in the address bar on ie (for compatibility view) it works on IE too.

pjreagan

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 06:27:09 PM »
Using IE on Windows 7, I'm having consistently good results by running IE with the Tools >> Compatibility View turned on.  The scroll bar works just fine with this change.