Plug-ins > File Manipulator

Can't delete folder

(1/1)

emosensei:
Hello, all--

New File Manipulator user here (on Mac OS 10.5.8).

When I test for the existence of myFolder inside the /Volumes/ directory...
PCFM_GetFolderExists ( "/Volumes/myFolder" )
...it always returns a 0 (success).

However, when I attempt to DELETE that folder...
PCFM_FolderDelete( "/Volumes/myFolder" ) or PCFM_FolderDelete( "Macintosh HD/Volumes/myFolder" )
...I always get a result code of -5.  What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks--

Melinda DePalma:
-5 indicates "unable to delete folder" and it is strange if the folder actually does exist. Please check the following:

1) Folder permissions to ensure that your user account on this machine has read/write access to delete folders in that directory.

2) Try to delete the same folder from the FileMaker demo file that comes with the plug-in. Can you successfully delete this folder from the demo file?

3) Try to delete a folder in a different location to ensure that the FolderDelete function is actually working properly on the machine.

Please let me know your results.

emosensei:
Maybe the problem was due to an invisible folder named .Spotlight-V100 inside the parent folder.

drwx------   root   admin   102  Oct 23 15:09  .Spotlight-V100

Same result code (-5) using the PCFM demo file.
Other folders delete fine, I believe the plug-in is working fine.

I had to manually delete the stubborn folder shortly after my original post so I don't know what its permissions were, but I did happen to make a note of the .Spotlight-V100 folder as I was troubleshooting. Would PCFM be unable to delete the parent folder if it was owned by root and its permissions were drwx------?

If I'm able to reproduce this situation I will contact you.

Many thanks--

listen2earth:
Hello,

How does this File Manipulator plugin work? This is all knew to me!!

i have a folder with 10 audio files (AppleMac)
i want a script that simply creates the number of records for simply showing each audio file name in a text field called FILEnames. And each record representing One Audio File would simply display its Folder Source Name in a field called FOLDERname. i GOT TO SEE THE BASIC FUNDAMENTAL STEPS BEFORE i CAN START REALLY DOING SOMETHING WITH IT!!!! THANKS MUCH !!  AND WHY IN HEAVENS NAME DO I HAVE TO BEAT MY BRAINS OUT HAVING TO FILL OUT LENGTHY TEXT FIELDS FOR SECURITY VERIFICATIONS EACH I POST -- READING THE SECURITY VERIFICATION LETTERS ARE NEARLY  IMPOSSIBLE TO READ !!!!!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version